Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Stash...?

I've been hearing a lot on ravelry that people are harboring hugs stashes of roving that they haven't spun yet. Plastic boxes and bags stashed away waiting for the wheel. Maybe it's just because I'm new to spinning, but roving just doesn't last that long with me! I recently got some Pigeon Roof Studios fiber in Artichoke, and I had to force myself to wait to prepare it last night until after I had photographed it in the morning.



I also received my Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sheep 2 Shoe Kit this past week. It's the most beautiful thing, and the only thing stopping me from spinning it is the idea that I should nab another one to ply with it, and that I'm not sure what I want to make yet and it prevents me from being sure how I even want to spin it. It's just so lovely!



Meanwhile, I've received and finished spinning 8 ounces of localy dyed Merino from Natural Obsessions in colorway "Eireen". Although I normaly like to stick with the colorway's original name, I really want to name this yarn Green Muse, after the wonderful art deco coffee shop that serves the most delightful rose lemonade.











I produced just under 300 yards from the 8 ounces, so I'm juggling what to make with it, but it was planned for the Irish Hiking Scarf.

I'm planning to conquer cotton and bamboo soon! I think I'll order some very soon to play with.

No comments: