Thursday, May 21, 2009
Betty Cornell
I was at Uncommon Objects today and found a copy of Betty Cornell's "Teen-Age Knitting Book" from 1953. I'm really excited to find a vintage knitting book! Let it be the first of many more to come! Because this book is out of print, there's little info to be found online and nothing on ravelry- but there's a review on this book here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Envy. That book is a keeper, to be sure. It will be a small challenge to knit from today because of the small fingering-sport weight gauges used and somewhat limited instructions, but it's full of really classic, well designed pieces worthy of redaction and re-use. And the instructions are better than most of the era because the book was aimed at (relatively) newer knitters. Please report back if you attempt anything from it. (Wish I could find my own copy.) -kbsalazar
I definitely hope to work a project or three from this book. All I need is the time and the yarn. ; )
Post a Comment