Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spining Spinning and Spinning!

Well, I am in love! Spinning is everything I knew I would love and more. I get so much satisfaction doing it and feel like I could do it for hours and hours and hours! I made my first more serious fiber purchase on Saturday; presenting Lorna's Laces Wool Top in Beverly!




I've spun on about 6 different wheels so far, and I'm glad I didn't jump to buy yet. Although I'm starting to think a double treadle Louet S10 may be the one I send out for. I love the non tensioned kate, and the location was very comfortable to ply from. It is also the first wheel that I realized I could listen to. I can feel it's movement as I spin, and I can use that to my advantage to work to getting a more evenly spun and plyed yarn. I made approximately 71 yards of the Lorna's Laces on it:



I'm still meditating on it though. I am hoping to go to a weaver's and spinner's guild meeting and see if anyone would be patient and kind enough to allow my bumbling hands on their wheels.

No comments: