Need... spinning...
I did it, I bought the Kromski Sonata! He has a Walnut finish. No name yet, but I'm thinking Coilette. Though there just aren't enough Futurama fans out there to get it. I'm very happy with it but am still in the measuring up stage. Because I like nice, complete, large skeins, I'm thinking of optioning for the jumbo flyer and bobbin to ply with. Twice today I ran out of room and had to break the skein, which I tense up over every time! I've also already sent for 3 extra bobbins, that way I can work on other long term projects and be able to put them aside for shorter term spinning.
Today I made:
Ap. 225 yards of sport weight 2 ply red and silver wool (the unlabeled long staple wool from the Louet drop spindle kit)
Ap. 63 yards of hand carded rolags, a single, I might call light worsted weight, out of the Lorna's Laces wool top
Ap. 61 yards of Aran weight 2 ply Merino sliver of solids in sea foam green, jade, chartreuse, and silvery grey. I only used up half of this wool, so I'll have another batch made up to match it soon. It will make a "Hooray For Me" hat. : )
I learned that as much as I totally dig spinning rolags- easy drafting feel and the super fluffy soft wonder that becomes of it, hand carding rolag after rolag has me noting to myself to start buying some off of etsy. (Oh yeah, I bought some hand carders, too.)
I will update with pictures soon, but it may be a few days before I can get decent ones. (Because of course there are pictures. They just aren't worth posting!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hail, Hail Robonia, a land I didn't make up!
Post a Comment