Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Hello, yarn!
Yes, I played a part in the fiendish attack made upon the hello yarn website this afternoon. I enlisted the aid of my husband and we both assaulted that bandwidth like internet pirates. If luck pulls through, and we got to the yarn before another fan, I will soon be the owner of 4 skeins of sock and 1 skein of fat sock. My only dilemma? They were the only colors up- brown for the fat sock and *orange* for the sock. My god. I've just enlisted myself into knitting a pair of knee high ORANGE socks, a color that couldn't be more odd-man-out in my wardrobe and stash than a nest of MOTHS. It's true that the color is just an amazingly beautiful orange. I really like it actually. And it's also true that I don't *have* to make socks. There are gorgeous shawls and camisoles and gloves and who know what else I could make. But I don't think orange could ever compliment my normal attire. It's not Hello Yarn's fault, it's not my fault, it's just my skin and my hair and the way I look and dress. No, these must become a pair of socks. Something for me to enjoy but not need everyone and their hipster grandmas starin' at me and cracking wise about me not matching and being more of a "winter" or whatever it is that hipsters would say. Anyways, I am FAR from COMPLAINING! If I am lucky enough to be charged the bill for that yarn, I will not only knit knee high orange socks, but I will buy a pair of blue jean shorts to wear with them to show them off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment