Friday, February 20, 2009

Soon to Spin

When I started knitting, there were two things I proclaimed I would never do. Not out of fear, but just out of thinking the idea of it was a bit absurd and unnecessary. That was knitting socks and spinning yarn.

Since I've already disproved half of that by knitting socks almost all the time, not to mention owning 4 sets of double pointed US 2 needles, I have for over a year now been very interested in spinning. The only thing that has stopped me is fear of myself. Where would I put a wheel in a house with three ridiculously out of hand dogs? What mayhem would my cat do to the wheel? How much money will be invested in my first wheel? I know of people who own 3 wheels. Can I afford that?

Well, all that will be behind me know because I've signed up for a two day spinning class and am off today to get a drop spindle to practice on before class. I am so excited! And all this is really a precursor for Harveyville Yarn School. I. want. to. go. so. bad.

No comments: