Friday, February 12, 2010

Queen of the WIPs

I've been starting new projects like crazy. I get this way after I finish a project. I get excited about thinking about the possibilities and WHAM my needles disappear into half hearted cast on's and into my WIP drawer for the next year, until I do a frogging run, or just try to find the needles that have gone. The project that got me onto a million things is the Just Enough Ruffles scarf, which I knit in my Harveyville dyed handspun from Yarn School, October 2009.

Just Enough Around my Neck

I started it January 14th and cast it off on January 21st. It came and it went so quickly! At the same time, I taught my long time co-worker how to knit, and she and another of our coworkers and I began knitting the Owls sweater together weekly. Of course, knowing that I can *only* knit the owls sweater once a week makes me want to work on it more, but I keep it aside and instead commence jonesing for some sweater action. To keep myself satisfied, I pick up the following projects all in a week or two after completing the Ruffles scarf: Veyla, Calorimetry (which I will frog because I don't like the way it looks on me), Swallowtail Shawl, a Thorpe, and a modified Hourglass Sweater in the Madelinetosh Worsted that I have in stash as seen here:

Clover

I did manage, among all of the WIP's that I started, to begin and complete something very tiny in some Alpaca from The Old Oaks Ranch:

Lil Owl

I shall have a glass of white wine tonight and toast myself for luck in finishing all this business. I foresee in the future a possible entire year of finishing unfinished projects. Maybe in 2011?

No comments: