Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stash-Out

So I'm taking the "Stash Burn" challenge that seems to catch up with every knitter or crocheter as they eventually collect what could be considered "too much" yarn. As it is easy to see in my stash content on ravelry, I really do have a bit of a problem. My collection definitely can't rival some for size, but it could probably compete on the value level. I notice this more and more when I look at old receipts or at my bank account. I'm sure I can validate a lot of my spending by insisting that it was for a swap gift, but the rest is too much. So I am left with needing to up my hours at the toy store (which is sad enough because it leaves less time to knit) and worst of all, tighten the yarn buying belt. My goal is to not buy any more yarn for the rest of the year. I talked to my husband, and we came to the compromise that if I can succeed, as my Christmas gift he will buy me enough lace weight alpaca to complete two complex shawls. Goodluck me. I've definitely got enough yarn to last me until the new year. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think eventually you do need to weed out and whittle down the stash. I got plans for some sockamania and lace galore this summer. I'll save the wool for home in the A/C. I don't think I'll join anything but I'll definitely cheer you on. And who can resist alpaca laceweight for Christmas?