I was on ravelry trying to whittle down my que- it has over 80 items on it that I need to knit before I die. If I knit between 10-15 projects each year then it would take me 5-8 years to finish everything. And I was thinking about family planning today as well. Lame subject right, I'm 24 years old. But never the less, if I plan to have a spawnling in 5 years, that leaves even less time to knit for myself, because I want to hand knit for my little creature like a crazy person. Bust out the cottons and lets make blankets, baby hats, soakers, and why not make them pants. Add to that what a slow knitter I am, plus my non-knitting activities; I may get to help exercise a co-worker of David's horses, which turns into a 2-3 times a week thing where I run around on horses for a few hours like a ninny, NOT KNITTING, then there's my ASL studies, which I adore, but since I'm busy TALKING with my HANDS I can't KNIT... And oh what do we have right around the corner from all this? CHRISTMAS. Fuck Christmas. I'm going to art bazaars. I'm not knitting for anyone again! Ok, that's a lie. I love when people appreciate my knitting and want me to make something for them. So... do I knit for other people anymore, or do I say Hell naw, get your own knitter, and hide in a fort in the bedroom with a sign on the front that says "Girls Only Fort of Knitting Recluse, No Boys Allowed"? Also, I knit the fort.
edit: oh woops, counting error. I actually have over 100 projects to que. That's makes it 6-10 years, not 5-8.
edit #2: After laying out my thoughts, I decided the best thing to do is to be even pickier about which things I knit... like my Inga hat, I have to try harder to pick projects that I'll love and be proud of, not just ones that might work for the yarn I have. So I deleted a lot, and subtracted from my projects que the yarns that I have qued, and I have 91 projects. Yeah. Wow, feels good to have cleaned that up. *cough*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment